So, as it turns out, I'm leaving Senegal forever to work in the Democratic Republic of Congo for a period of two to four years. The implications of that are both terribly frightening and terribly exciting.
Things I need to do before I leave:
1. Get cavities filled (for some reason, when my dentist heard that I was leaving, she suddenly found six teeth to fix before I leave!)
2. Get plane ticket (I am leaving in 2 weeks and still don't have my plane ticket--insanity)
3. Pack all the shit that I've accumulated and send it through a moving company (who knew that six months would be enough to have a truckload of junk?)
4. Wrap-up a lot of work things
5. Go to all the cool places I haven't been to yet (scratch that, it's impossible)
6. Freak out a little about my next posting (this is an on-going activity)
Ugh. Anyone care to visit me there?