March 27, 2007

I finally got a job!

I can't tell you how excited I am about having a new job - though from the tone of my posts of the last 8 months, it's easy to see why this is a good thing. I can't stop being in a good mood. I smile lots. My mouth hurts and I scare people who don't usually see me this bubbly. This is what I wrote to colleagues at my part-time work:

Dear All,

I will be leaving the XXX for a full-time job in YYY at the end of this week. Though this new position fits my interests and qualifications in the health field, I will sad to leave the agency.

I really enjoyed my time here and appreciate having had the opportunity to work with you. I will remember the mission of the agency, the partners in the field, the excitement over new potential projects and, of course, the Friday Happy Hours. I leave with a newfound understanding of how investments in local businesses can contribute to the field of development.

A very special thanks to all those who provided me with guidance and granted me informational meetings while I was undertaking my job search.

Please do keep in touch, I can be reached at my personal email address
don't@you.wish.you.had.it.com or on my cell phone at (555) 555-1234.

Thanks again for everything.

Best Regards,

007 in Africa

3 comments:

Victoria said...

That is simply too cute. Bubbly indeed!

Anonymous said...

Dorothee, this is great news! What/where is your new job?

Anonymous said...

congradulation!! I am very happy for you too. I am sure we are going to hear more of your interesting advanture from your new job. congrads.

A-tony