February 18, 2008

Becoming 30

I just turned 30 yesterday. Yeah! It's super exciting (said with heavy sarcasm). Coincidentally, one of my closest friends is turning 30 today. Here's my email to him:

Hey Ammo:

I was tempted to call you now to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old man, but I thought that it would be particularly rude (it's only 8:41 a.m.). I hope you have the day off today.

How does it feel to be 3-0? I can tell you that I remember it being particularly easy. It's kind of a relief - if you haven't met your deadlines for various things (get a better job, have kids, become a millionaire, etc...), you might has well relax about them. Because a deadline missed, is a deadline missed. What's another decade or two, trying to reach those goals?

In a way, being 3-0 is a kind of freedom. Right?

OK, I guess I still haven't wished you a proper HAPPY BIRTHDAY, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Must be the Alzeihmer's kicking in.

xoxo D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I warranted a mention on your blog, cool :). Happy birthday again!
-Ammo

Beaver said...

Yeah. Don't remind me. 3-1 doesn't feel any better. (In a few weeks. I'm keeping my delusions of youth until then.)