March 13, 2012

Treatment Progress: March 3, 2012


Today, I stopped taking the pills and came into the Rockville office today (the DC office is closed on the weekends).  Man, this is such an imposition because I have to borrow a car from my mother as well as her GPS to go to Rockville.  It’s not a very long ride, but I don’t drive often so waking up early and using various beltways and highways makes me nervous.  Ack, this is not convenient at all, but it’ll be worth it in the end (I hope)…

For some reason, the ultrasound shows that there are 200 follicles on each ovary.  Maybe the 8 on the right ovary suddenly grew to 20?  Other than that, all looks well and I should start my protocol tomorrow.

This is the part that scares me the most – I’m freaked out about having to inject myself, and use needles to mix medications, saline solution, powders etc.  I have pre-filled syringes for Ganerelix, saline solution and powder solution to reconstitute in a needle for Menapur, and a weird kind of clicky pen for Gonal F.  What the heck does it all mean? 

I choose to forgo the injection class and instead use the great injection videos online.  I watch some of them several  times and hope that I can do this right.


Also, my medication should have arrived from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy to the Fedex office today but haven’t heard from Fedex yet.  I freak out a little bit, wondering whether I’ll have enough drugs to start my protocol.  I decide to show up to the Eckington Fedex office right after my appointment and hope that my medication package arrived.  And it did!  Woohoo!  I’ll be able to start my protocol on time!

No comments: