February 07, 2010

D.C. Snowpocalypse 2010

But only dad was around for the second heavy snow, otherwise dubbed the D.C. Snowpocalypse.


I enthusiastically (some would even say a little too giddy - like my roommate who was not going to be convinced to put her nose outside) started off my day, hoping to walk from Columbia Heights to Georgetown and back (I succeeded the 8 miles)...


These are the treacherous stairs from my apartment to the street. What you can't see is how steep and how many steps there are to the bottom. Looks waaay easy to climb down than it was.


View of my street, Girard Street to 14th street. Great plowing guys.

Statue of some proud, crotchety old man in Dupont Circle.


David and Goliath, seriously. This little bitty jeep pulled out a huge-ass truck with a cord. It was an impressive feat.


View of Reservoir Road from Wisconsin Avenue.


The Georgetown Cafe


A snow bicycle.


"I'm going sledding. Get out of my way."


Rock Creek Parkway.


"13 seconds, 13 seconds! Cross the road buddy!"


I think this is what L. Frank Baum had in mind when he wrote about the "cowardly lion."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots, I wish I'd been in DC for this!!!
Ammo