April 18, 2005

Beaten by 40 Robbers

I went to a Body Pump class on Saturday, which involves a lot of grunting, using weights to tone one's arms and legs to the beat of a techno song. The teacher was very scary: she would shout at me not to stop, tell me to make deeper squats and ask me to add more weights to my bar.

Today, two days later, I still feel like I 've been severely beaten by 40 robbers. It's even hard to press on the clutch and open the door to my house. I won't even mention what new sensations shampooing created.

Ouch.


***********
Thanks Kimo who's soon going back to Nagoya (lucky duck) and Astrogirl who would go to a Starbucks with me, for posting on my map!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Ah, Ah, si tu faisais du sport regulierement....tu serais moins endolorie mais BRAVO de t'y mettre.!!!!!


Mom.

007 in Africa said...

Look who's talking!

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel (esp. the shampooing part)! I once took a weightlifting class - for girls - and didn't feel any pain at first... The next day, I couldn't even move my arms, it hurt SOOO much!
But you will get a toned body very quickly if you persevere :)

Anonymous said...

I've always said exercise is bad for one's health!! One should move as little as possible, for safety's sake.
-Ammo

Beaver said...

I know when you're coming from. I registered 2 weeks ago with the Canadian armed forces, only to realize that my push up abilities have completely disappeared while I was in Senegal. So (smart me) I went to the gym everyday to rain last week. Ouch is the name of the game !

But i can do 2 push-up now !

007 in Africa said...

Yeah, for two push-ups. It's the small things...